Bloomberg, Lexis, and Westlaw
- 1Ls can use the Getting Started page in the LRAW textbook as a guide for how to register their Bloomberg, Lexis, and Westlaw accounts.
- The password for the LRAW textbook is given to 1Ls at the law library orientation. Students can contact the librarian at the reference desk in the law library for a reminder.
- Students may contact Professor Maxwell in the law library regarding a lost password or other login problem with Bloomberg, Lexis, or Westlaw. Many login issues can be resolved in-house by Professor Maxwell, although some login issues may require students to contact the provider directly.
Legal Research, Analysis, and Writing (LRAW)
- 1Ls use their Westlaw account to access TWEN and sign up for their LRAW section. The Getting Started page in the LRAW textbook has a video showing how to add a course in TWEN.
- 1Ls complete the Legal System Pre-Class Exercise by clicking on their research professor’s name, then answering the questions in one session. (Saving answers and returning to finish later is not possible; however, referring to the online textbook is allowed.)
On the Law Library’s Website:
- “quick links” to Bloomberg, Lexis, Westlaw, and the LRAW textbook
- hours the law library is open
- how to reserve a study room
- list of items law professors have placed on reserve
- how much law students can print for free, from which printer
- whether the law library has a particular item of interest
- how long law students can have something checked out
- what an individual currently has checked out, and when it is due
More Law Library Information:
Library Fest will be September 12 during lunch. All UofSC law students are invited. The law library will offer cake and prizes, and the last-ever chance for 1Ls to win a reserved study carrel.