LibraryFest 2017 is now in the books. Enjoy the photos we’ve posted to Facebook and Instagram. A time-lapse video is below, along with the full text of our librarian superhero descriptions from our librarian superhero poster.
One hour of LibraryFest, condensed into one minute:
Master of the Universe
Mission: to guard cosmic knowledge from the forces of evil
- laser vision;
- speed reading;
- leaping across tall book stacks in a single bound;
- quantum mechanics;
- navigating rotating wormholes to travel to far-flung galaxies
Sidekick: Slam, bodyguard of the Master
Arch Nemesis: Lord Voldemort
Agent Scholarly Research, aka Facilities Fighter
Mission: to provide the utmost in research services to our law faculty—and to defend the law library’s carpet against stains.
- unearthing impossible-to-find scholarly resources;
- instantly reporting law library facility issues with deadly accuracy
Arch Nemesis: The Unsecured Containers
Mission: to know where your books are—all day, every day.
- the power to “renew” life
- able to scan 50 bpm (books per minute)
- able to flawlessly parallel park a book truck
- able to spot a book thief from 10 shelves away
- able to re-ink a stamp without getting hands dirty
- able to talk any library into loaning its most valued holdings to our law students
Sidekicks: The Boolean Operators
Arch Nemesis: The All-Seeing BookEye Scanner
Alias: Amanda Bullington
Mission: to make the library’s collection easily accessible to all users.
- adds materials to the library catalog with the speed of a cheetah;
- evaluates catalog records with the eyes of an eagle;
- improves catalog records with the determination of a grizzly bear
Sidekick: Catalog Cat
Arch Nemesis: The Disorganizer
Alias: Megan Brown
Mission: to acquire and organize the best resources for students who wish to execute justice.
- scouring the globe for the most exquisite scholarship
Sidekick: Ripley-Cat, Box Inspector Extraordinaire
Arch Nemesis: Ignorance
Favorite Book: Demons, by Fyodor Dostoevsky
The Phantom Librarian
Mission: to spread the word of USC School of Law faculty scholarship far and wide.
- arrives in the nick of time;
- can properly cite a Texas case
Sidekick: Abacus Laptop
Arch Nemeses: Hurricane Harvey and El Severe
Mission: to preserve and impart knowledge of legal research to future generations.
- planning an entire semester in a single bound;
- calculating grades with laser accuracy
Sidekick: The Citator
Arch Nemesis: The Careless Googler
Mission: to locate resources before you even think to need them, and swoop to the aid of anyone lost in the stacks.
- ninja stealth;
- super-acute hearing
Sidekick: Lord Percival “Percy” de Leoncoeur
Arch Nemesis: Barking-Mad Boris
Mission: to rescue lost researchers from rabbit-holes and cut pristine citation trails for others to follow.
- formulating rapidfire, targeted search queries;
- rocketing through cyberspace from jurisdiction to jurisdiction;
- singlehandedly Shepardizing;
- bravely leading expeditions backward through time, without fear of microfiche
Sidekick: The Blue Bookworm
Arch Nemesis: Et Sequitur
Mission: to assist weary researchers and preserve multimedia content for library patrons.
- streaming video at the speed of light;
- demystifying research resources;
- organizing digital files with strategic precision
Arch Nemesis: Server Outages