Lexis Advance, Westlaw, and TWEN
- 1Ls can use the Getting Started page in the LRAW textbook as a guide for how to register their Lexis Advance and Westlaw accounts.
- The password for the LRAW textbook is given to 1Ls at the law library orientation. Students can contact the librarian at the reference desk in the law library for a reminder.
- 1Ls use their Westlaw account to access TWEN and sign up for their LRAW section. The Getting Started page in the LRAW textbook has a video showing how to add a course in TWEN.
- To resolve lost password or other login problems for Lexis, contact customer service 1-800-543-6862 or the Lexis representative for our school.
- For Westlaw password help, call 1-800-934-9378 or email email@example.com.
Legal Research, Analysis, and Writing (LRAW)
- First-week assignments for LRAW, as well as all other classes are at http://first.uofsclaw.org.
- 1Ls complete the Legal System Pre-Class Exercise by clicking on their research professor’s name, then answering the questions in one session. (Saving answers and returning to finish later is not possible; however, referring to the online textbook is allowed.)
On the Law Library’s Website:
- “quick links” to Lexis Advance, Westlaw, and the LRAW textbook
- hours the law library is open
- how to reserve a study room
- how much law students can print for free, from which printer
- whether the law library has a particular item of interest
- how long law students can have something checked out
- what an individual currently has checked out, and when it is due
More Law Library Information:
@UofSCLawLib is on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. 1Ls who “like” or “follow” @UofSCLawLib on any of these services by August 31 will be entered into a drawing to win first pick of two prizes at Library Fest 2017.
Library Fest 2017 will be Friday, September 22, 12:30 to 1:30. All UofSC law students are invited. The law library will offer prizes galore!